Here are a few simple positions to begin learning the practice of Acro Yoga. Please try this at home, but PLEASE BE SAFE. Working in groups of three is the way to go, get a spotter and go for it! Read each section carefully as well as the text below, get comfortable with these roles, and enter into sacred play!
Here are some attributes that together describe the 3 major roles we play in Acro Yoga:
Trustworthy, supportive, balanced, stable, calm, confident, grounded, bone-stacking principles
Trusting, integrated, engaged
Aware, attentive, helpful, mindful, close, fast
Skills all 3 roles have in common
Communication, trust, support, awareness, presence, yogic breath
Terms and conditions for website usage
While it is my goal to describe how to practice Acro Yoga in a safe manner it is your responsibility to practice it safely. Know your partners, know their limitations, know their preexisting injuries, know your limitations, empower yourself to say “No” to anything you don’t feel comfortable doing, and stay safe at all times.
The term ‘Atlanta Acro Yoga’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of The United States of America.